Thomas Barta is a marketer, turned McKinsey partner, turned organisational psychologist, speaker, consultant and author. His book, ‘The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader’, teaches marketers how to succeed by creating value for their customers as well as creating value for their organisation. Learn how to shift the perception of marketing being seen as a cost-centre, how to build more trust with your stakeholders and how have a more successful marketing career. Listen to why Thomas is one of the most sought-after leadership experts in the world, as well as why his book recently SOLD OUT in Europe!
- Thomas asks Adam what he thinks of marketers
- The common issues marketing leaders face: the trust gap, the power gap and the skills gap.
- The four Ps of marketing
- How to battle the common misconceptions marketers face within organisations (such as: being a cost rather than a profit-centre, or even being less important than other departments).
- How to become a truly effective marketer
- Keys to success when being a good marketer is not enough
- The importance of having an ever-evolving skillset
- Getting further by knowing the agendas of stakeholders within your organisation, and working to help achieve their goals.
- Digital marketing requires strategic leadership; to succeed you must show how digital contributes to your company’s overarching goals and priorities.
- An effective marketing department is built on team balance
- Thomas Barta’s website
- Purchase Thomas Barta’s book:
- The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader, by Thomas Barta and Patrick Barwise.
- Editing by Josh Armour, from ArmourPod Productions.
- Podcast logo cover artwork by Courtney Carman
- Music from “Ghosts I–IV” by Nine Inch Nails, used under a Creative Commons licence.
Connect with MATE:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Stitcher
- Subscribe to the RSS feed
- MATE podcast website
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
MATE podcast is a show about Marketing, Advertising, Technology and Entrepreneurship. Hosted by Adam Jaffrey: Digital Strategist and Entrepreneur. Made with ❤ in Melbourne, Australia.
MATE podcast is a production by branded podcast agency Wavelength Creative.