Steve Sammartino is a charismatic radio host, futurist, author, public speaker, entrepreneur, technology strategist and former advertising strategy director.
Steve talks about his career successes and failures, what lead him to being a speaker, and how he teamed up with a teenager from Romania to build a functioning car made from Lego. This is the first instalment of an entertaining TWO-PART MATE Podcast episode. ENJOY!
- Do big businesses just pretend to love their customers?
- Yesterday’s dollar Vs today’s dollar Vs tomorrow’s dollar
- Being an entrepreneur as a child
- Why Steve spent over a decade in a job that he didn’t really enjoy
- Steve’s book ‘The Lessons School Forgot’
- Steve’s startup business Rentoid
- How Uber removed the friction of transactions
- Steve’s move from being an entreprenuer to Director of Strategy and Innovation within the advertising industry, and his time working with Gray Advertising
- How blogging lead Steve to becomning a published author
- The story of a Romanian teenage boy who approached Steve about making a Lego car, and a Lego spaceship which was sent into orbit! This became The Super Awesome Micro Project
- Steve’s book foray into public speaking
- What goes into writing a book? How do you make things translate to the page? Steve breaks it down.
- “Smartphone technology is very immature”
- Steve Sammartino’s website
- Purchase Steve Sammartino’s books:
- Editing by Josh Armour, from ArmourPod Productions.
- Podcast logo cover artwork by Courtney Carman
- Theme music from “Ghosts I–IV” by Nine Inch Nails, used under a Creative Commons licence.
- Ad music is called “Going Higher” by Bensound, used under a Creative Commons licence.
- (Human beatboxing by Adam Jaffrey.)
Connect with MATE:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Stitcher
- Subscribe on Android
- Subscribe on other devices (e.g. Windows Phone, etc.)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed
- MATE podcast website
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
MATE podcast is a show about Marketing, Advertising, Technology and Entrepreneurship. Hosted by Adam Jaffrey: Digital Strategist and Entrepreneur. Made with ❤️ in Melbourne, Australia.