Joseph Jaffe is a marketing visionary and serial troublemaker. He begins our conversation by hijacking my podcast from the very first sentence, and continues to shake up my perception of the marketing world for the next 60 minutes. Joseph is an entrepreneur, author and industry observer. We talk about how the advertising world has changed and why consumers are now in control of the interactions they have with brands. Joseph also drops some other tectonic shifts we’re due to see across marketing in 2017. Strap yourself in, this is gonna be a good one!
- The reality that consumer empowerment has changed the marketing game
- The philosophy of why ‘the 30-second spot’ in advertising is dead, and examples from Joseph’s book, Life After the 30-Second Spot.
- Can brands selling everyday products sustain their market share without good advertising?
- The 4 principles which can make or break a business
- How brands can leverage their existing customers to generate new ones
- What Joseph learnt about the perception of value, in his early days as a marketing employee at Nando’s.
- The key takeaways from Joseph’s book, Flip the Funnel.
- How Netflix survived their digital transformation and why Blockbuster didn’t
- The big changes that are coming to the marketing and advertising world in 2017
- How Joseph’s agency, Evol8tion, connects start-ups with brands.
- Joseph Jaffe’s website
- Evol8tion website
- Purchase Joseph Jaffe’s books:
- Editing by Josh Armour, from ArmourPod Productions.
- Podcast logo cover artwork by Courtney Carman
- Music from “Ghosts I–IV” by Nine Inch Nails, used under a Creative Commons licence.
Connect with MATE:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Stitcher
- Subscribe to the RSS feed
- MATE podcast website
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
MATE podcast is a show about Marketing, Advertising, Technology and Entrepreneurship. Hosted by Adam Jaffrey: Digital Strategist and Entrepreneur. Made with ❤️ in Melbourne, Australia.