Jayden Seric—web developer and future-enthusiast—talks about the imminent creation of artificial intelligence and what that means for the future of the human race. We talk about IBM’s Watson supercomputer, discuss The Singularity, debate when computers will make humans obsolete … and Jayden reveals he’s happy to be made redundant by a super-AI-robot-race.
Links and resources:
- When will artificial intelligence be created?
- What is Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)?
- IBM’s Watson computer invented a BBQ sauce
- IBM’s Watson supercomputer diagnoses cancer
- Computers are better decision makers than humans
- What is The Singularity?
- What’s Tech by The Verge
- If we find intelligent alien life, it will likely be artificially intelligent, not biologically intelligent.
- Scientists think they know the exact year computers will render the human brain obsolete
- Stephen Hawking (theoretical physicist), Elon Musk (CEO of Tesla Motors; CEO and CTO of SpaceX) and others warn of the dangers of AI in an open letter.
- The guest on this episode: Jayden Seric.
- Podcast logo cover artwork by Courtney Carman
- Music from “Ghosts I–IV” by Nine Inch Nails, used under a Creative Commons licence.
Connect with MATE:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Stitcher
- Subscribe to the RSS feed
- Listen on YouTube
- MATE podcast website
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
MATE podcast is a show about Marketing, Advertising, Technology and Entrepreneurship. Hosted by Adam Jaffrey: Digital Strategist and Entrepreneur. Made with ❤ in Melbourne, Australia.
MATE podcast is a production by branded podcast agency Wavelength Creative.
One thought on “MATE 001 – Jayden Seric on artificial intelligence and the future of the human race”